The HR hub
Want your company to have their own staff credit union?
Working for the Technology Sector
The HR Hub is the dedicated area where technology sector Human Resource professionals can find out about the staff benefits of becoming an Affinity Company. This will then enable their employees to apply and become a Member of esccu, Ireland’s technology sector Credit Union.
esccu has been designated by the Central Bank to cater solely for the employees of companies in the technology sector, unlike high street credit unions, where you join the closest to where you live. Individual employees cannot become members unless their Human Resource or Personnel Depts have already signed up as an esccu Affinity company. Firstly, check to see if the company you work for is listed.
If your company isn’t on our affinity list, that’s ok as you can contact us to register your interest and we can contact your HR department and present the benefits of esccu membership for their employees to them.HR Hub Information Sheet
Employee benefits of esccu membership
- FREE online 24/7 access to your account
- Low interest rates on loans
- Refinancing of existing loans at competitive rates
- Secure mobile app to view balances and transactions
- Quality member services
- No transaction fees for Share or Deposit accounts
- Convenient payroll deduction option available
- Bill Buddy account service to help manage monthly bills
- Savings may attract dividends
- Death benefit, life savings and loan protection insurance
- Nationwide services
- Family members at same address can join
- Foreign Exchange Click & Collect Service
FAQ for Human Resources
1) Will this mean additional work for the HR Depts to manage?
Thankfully no, as we will provide all the necessary information and promotional material, as well as comms. templates for screens, e-mails and ezines.
2) Is the company legally responsible for any staff financial issues?
There is no liability whatsoever for your company. All financial agreements are confidential and undertaken solely between the credit union and the individual staff member concerned.
3) How long does the Affinity Company joining process take?
Once a presentation has given by esccu and the benefits of becoming an affinity company have been understood and approved by the company, a signed letter of acceptance is all that remains to be completed. All in all, the process can be as quick as you would like it to be!
4) How do we let employees know about esccu?
Regular visits to your company will be prearranged with you to sign up new members and provide loan application assistance and advice. Our portable desk and pull-up posters can be set-up in the most suitable and convenient location for you such as staff canteen or common areas.
5) Where and how would they join?
You company can become an esccu Affinity Member simply by contacting David Quinn, Business Development & Marketing Manager on 01-6427900 to arrange a presentation meeting, followed by signing a letter of acceptance, which can be drafted by your HR representative if you prefer.
6) Does this impact their current salary payment process?
Only if your company wishes to offer the convenience and benefits of Payroll Deduction for employees. In our experience payroll deduction is the most popular option for staff members in many other technology sector companies.
Membership of e-services & communications credit union has been hugely beneficial to KN Group staff, as time is precious their personal services and on line access to accounts makes them our Credit Union of Choice. Their Staff are Informative, Friendly, Respectful and always Professional.”
Contact us on 01 6427900 or email email@example.com who will be happy to discuss the possibility of your company having a staff credit union.